Well, my first response is to ask what they mean by "return"? Is it an increase in price that they are looking for, or is it a faster sale with the desire to get back what they put in the property in the way of cash?
1. Clean up the landscape! Pick up the toys, trim the trees and bushes. Clean out the flower bed, and clean up after the dog. Look at your front yard from the street. Does it look inviting? repaint the front door and replace the handle with a new one. Make the home look inviting. This first impression is the most important!
3. Clean up the landscape! Pick up the toys, trim the trees and bushes. Clean out the flower bed, and clean up after the dog. Look at your front yard from the street. Does it look inviting? repaint the front door and replace the handle with a new one. Make the home look inviting. be sure the garage doors are painted and not damaged.This first impression is the most important!
5. New flooring is a good thing! Re-carpet the home with a nice neutral "Realtor tan" carpet. Potential purchasers are always impressed with new cushy carpet so don't skimp on the pad.
6. New Kitchens are killer! Look at your kitchen, is it what you wanted it to be? if not consider replacing the countertops. Depending on the price range of the property you will have to decide whether or not formica will be accepted. If not then consider tile, then Granite tile, then granite countertops. I know some of these options are expensive but look at your competition and decide what would be the best solution.
7. Bathrooms must be clean and not "worn out" pink tubs and other pink fixtures quickly date the home as well as the homes infrastructure. Buyers concerns arise when the see outdated fixtures in a bath. These have a huge impact on buyer's decisions.
8. New Cabinets throughout are wonderful. And some of these cabinets are reasonably priced. Go to Lowes or Home Depot to price their cabinets. You could be surprised!
You will get bang for your buck with any of the above improvements. Begin with number 1 and do as many as possible. But remember items 1-5 are inexpensive and will produce more money in your pocket!
For more information regarding this selling your home in Albuquerque or any other real estate related questions please feel free to contact us! TheAlbuquerqueRealEstateGroup.com
Post a Comment