One of the most fun things about my job when selling homes for sale in Albuquerque New Mexico to out-of-town clients is sharing some of Albuquerque's traditions. One of our biggest is the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. I have complied what i think are the top ten reasons to take advantage of the extraordinary event -
Top 10 reasons to attend the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
10. Largest hot air balloon festival in the world. Over 600 balloons representing 20 countries. Begins Oct. 1 and ends Oct. 9.
9. This is the 40th Balloon Fiesta held in Albuquerque. This tradition started in 1972 with 13 balloons.
8. Mass Ascension. This begins at 7:00 am although you need to be there much earlier. You can take advantage of the "Park and Rides" which are located all over the city and a bus will drop you off at the site.
7. It is said to be the most photographed event every year. Pictures do not do it justice. However, there are photo contests held every year in several different categories. This year Nikon is giving away special prize packages.
6. Family friendly atmosphere. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets and kids. Outside food is permitted.
5. Balloon rides. Rainbow Ryders offers a unique experience of flight like you have never felt before. All seats are first class!
4. The Balloon Glow. At night the special shapes such as the dairy cow, wagon train, and Darth Vader are illuminated at the same time. Fabulous!!
3. Fireworks!! This happens after the Balloon Glow. Need I say more?
2. Green chile breakfast burritos. They make it easier to get up so early. There are plenty of other food vendors too. Try a huge turkey leg or a fried twinkie.
1. If you are from out of town, you might just visit and fall in love with Albuquerque. If you want to move here we can help. Visit us at The Albuquerque Real Estate Group.
I love selling ABQ Real Estate!!
By Tim Fish