We happened to run across a new job listing in careerbuilder.com for Greyhound Bus Drivers in Albuquerque. That's kind of an ususual job that many folks might not think of on their own, but it looks to be a good one.
Greyhound was founded in 1914, according to their short bio. They provide not only passenger bus transportation, but also accept express package delivery and charter services.
Drivers (or Greyhound Motorcoach Operators, as they list the official job position) are expected to possess safe driving practices, the ability to be on schedule at all times, to excel in customer service, and be dependable and professional.
Requirements of the job include: professional dress, the ability to lift baggage and packages of up to 100 lbs, be on-call 24/7, and be away from home for stretches of three or more days when necessary. You would also have to be proficient enough with reports to do passenger counts, driving logs, and safety inspections. (They would love you to speak Spanish, but it's not a requirement!)
More job specifications include:
Your driving record must:
- Be at least 22 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of three (3) year’s driving experience (Commercial or private)
- Have a good character and positive work history
- Consent to a background check and alcohol/drug screen
- Pass a background check (MVR, Criminal Extended Employment Verification).
- Have no more than two (2) moving convictions/accidents in the past three (3) years.
- Have no more than three (3) moving convictions/accidents in the past five (5) years) (Speeding, tailgating, etc.)
- Have no license suspensions in the past ten years (Suspensions for physicals, insurance lapses, failure to pay fine and failure to appear are exempt under the ten-year rule)
- Have NO driving convictions related to alcohol or illegal drugs.
This could be a unique new career path for our young people, or even pre- or post-retirees. An Albuquerque relocation is proving to be a very good choice as our economy tries to pull out of its problems and make a comeback. When you are ready to find a home, use our website to search the Albuquerque MLS, and then give us a call. With over 35 years of experience, we are Albuquerque real estate experts, and we look forward to helping you!